recipe adapted from: HERE
1 head garlic
extra virgin olive oil
1 handful of mini Honey Tomatoes
1 sheet puff pastry, chilled
1 tsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped finely
salt and black pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 200C.
2. Slice off just the top of the garlic head so that a small amount of each clove shows through. Place the garlic in a aluminium foil and drizzle a bit of olive oil on top, just enough to cover the exposed cloves. Sprinkle with salt and cover with foil. Place it in the oven and roast the garlic for 20++ min. Set aside to cool. Once the garlic is cool enough to handle, squeeze the cloves into a bowl and mash with the back of a spoon to make a paste.
3. Core the tomatoes and cut into ¼ inch slices. Using a kitchen tower pat dry the sliced tomatoes.
4. Line a sheet tray with parchment paper and set aside.
5. Place the puff pastry on the prepared sheet tray.
6. Spread a thin layer of roasted garlic over the dough. Sprinkle the thyme evenly over the garlic. Layer the tomato slices on top.
7. Bake the tart for approximately 25 minutes, or until the edges are flaky and golden brown.
8. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~