170g - Plain Flour
60g - Almond meal
280g – Cold Butter
110g – Brown Sugar
1 nos - Egg
¼ tsp - Sea salt
preparating the dough:
1. In a food processor, combine butter and sugar together.
2. Add egg and sea salt and process for another minute or so.
3. Add flour and almond meal, pulse just until combined, approximately 5 seconds.
4. Dump bowl onto a work surface and knead just to form a ball.
5. Form dough into a log and chill for 4 hours.
baking the tart shells:
1. Press dough into tart shell to any desired thickness, do not roll out.
2. Prick bottoms of tarts and chill for 30 minutes.
3. Bake shells at 180C for 12-13 minutes or until edges start to turn golden.
4. Cool for a few minutes in the tart pans, then unmold and cool completely on a cooling rack.
200g – Coconut Cream (KARA)
36g – Fresh Milk
1½ Tbsp - Corn Flour
3 Tbsp – Brown Sugar
1 nos - Egg
25g – Dessicated Coconut (or Fresh Shredded Coconut)
43g – Butter (room temp.)
½ tsp – Salt
1) Place coconut milk in a small sauce pan and bring just to a boil
2) Whisk together corn flour and brown sugar in another bowl.
3) Beat in egg into (2) until incorporated.
4) Slowly pour hot coconut milk into (3), keep whisking.
5) Return mixture to saucepan and bring to a gentle boil, whisking constantly.
6) Once coconut mixture thicken strain through a fine mesh sieve into a clean bowl.
7) Stir in dessicated coconut and butter until incorporated.
8) Cover cream with a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface, chill.
Spoon a layer of coconut pastry cream into each tart and arrange fruit; sprinkle with chopped pistachios.
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up ~ August 2015
Event Theme : Brown Sugar and Molassses
and hosted by Jess of Bakericious
~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~