(recipe source: Cakes and Desserts cookbook published in 1987)
600g – sifted Plain Flour
300g – chilled Butter (salted)
100g – Corn Oil
2 chilled Egg Yolks
Dash of chilled salt water
1tsp – Vanilla Essence
1. Place sifted flour in a deep bowl and cut chilled butter into it. Continue working the butter
into the flour with the fingers until you get a crumbly flour mixture.
2. Pour in corn oil and knead lightly.
3. Add egg yolks and vanilla.
4. Sprinkle chilled salted water on it and knead dough till it forms a soft, pliable ball.
5. Cover dough with a damp kitchen towel and leave it to rest in the refrigerator for at least
2 hours. This is necessary to prevent the dough turning rubbery.
6. Let dough stand in room temperature in room for a few minutes before handling.
7. Divide dough into 4 portion and roll each portion into a long broad strip about ¼inch thick
on a floured board. Cut out shapes with the tart cutter.
8. Fill jam in centre & brush pastry with eggs yolks before baking on lightly greased trays in
preheated oven (165C) for 20 minutes or until tarts are golden brown.
9. Cool tarts on rack before storing in airtight jars.
2. 当年老妈是用Cookies Press印饼皮的。
。。。 —— 。。。