原食谱来自Nasi Lemak Lover - Sonia
60g Cooking Oil
20g Wheat Starch
10g Plain flour
Method:1. Peel the yam. Cut into slices. Steam till cooked. Remove and mash it while hot.
2. Heat up oil in a pot, fry shallot until fragrant. Add mashed yam and sugar. Stir
fry till thickens. Gradually add in wheat starch and plain flour, in a few portions. Stir
fry into a dough, and not stick to the pot. Remove and leave to cool.
Purple sweet potato filling
200g peeled, steamed and mashed
20g confectioner's sugar
20g unsalted butter
1. While the mashed sweet potato is still hot from the steaming, add in the butter and sugar in. mash with fork till all incorporated. Set aside to cool before use.
2. Weight 20g and wrap over yam ball, set aside.
255g cake flour
1/4tsp yam essence
Few drop of purple food coloring
1. Mix cake flour, essence and ghee together till it's soft and pliable. Then add the food coloring and knead till the color is uniform. Cover and let rest 20 minutes or chill in fridge till needed.
300g plain flour
23g icing sugar
115g ice cold water
1. Mix everything together and knead till it comes together into a pliable soft dough. Cover and let rest for 20 minutes.
To make flaky swirl yam mooncake
1. Weight water dough 60g each and oil dough 40g each, shape into ball.
2. Flatten water dough and wrap oil dough inside.
3. Roll out into long shape and roll up like swiss roll.
4. Roll from the shorter side into long shape and roll up like swiss roll from shorter side.
5. Cut the dough into 2 portions and repeat the rest of the dough until finished.
6. Flatten the dough start from the swirl side and roll out into a round disc.
7. Flip over and wrap in yam filling and seal it tightly, seal edge facing downwards.
8. Place on baking tray and bake in preheated oven 170C for 25-30mins.
9. Cool well before cutting.
。。。 —— 。。。