我也参加了Small Small Baker举办的Aspiring Bakers #12 : Traditional Kueh (October 2011).
食谱来自N年前的Food and Travel Magazine
Ingredients for dough skin:
300g rice flour
50g tapioca flour
480ml boiling water
1tbsp cooking oil
some red food colouring
Ingredients for the filling:
200g glutinous rice (soaked for 4 hours)
1 tin braised peanuts
100g dried shrimps (soaked, drained)
2tbsp fish sauce
1tbsp sesame oil
1tbsp sugar (我没放)
2 shallots (sliced thinly)
Method for dough:
1. put flour into a mixing bowl.
2. add in the red food colour into the boiling water, and pour into (1) and stir to mix quickly.
3. cover the bowl with a plate and let it stand for 10min.
4. remove and knead to form dough.
Method for the filling:
1. heat oil in wok. add shallots and fry till fragrant.
2. add in dried shrimps and fry till fragrant.
3. add in braised peanuts & glutinous rice and mix well.
4. transfer the mixtures into steaming plate, and steam it for 20-30min or till rice cooked.
5. let the cooked rice cool completely before use.
1. take a portion of the pink dough (about the size of a golf ball)
2. flatten it and place 1tbsp cooked rice in the centre.
3. roll up the sides of the dough to seal the rice. Pinch to seal.
4. put it into the mould, press down and flatten.
5. turn over, and knock on the side of the mould to release it
6. brush it with oil, steam over rapid boiling water for 10min.
7. serve with sweet sauce or chilli sauce.