Friday, September 03, 2010
Water Chestnut - 1cup, peel and diced ( I used about 20pcs)
Tapioca Flour - 2cup
Red colour - 1tsp
Water - 2 litres
Rose Syrup - enough to cover the boiled water chestnut
Coconut Cream - 1cup (I used Kara box type - thick cream)
Sugar - 1/4cup
Salt - a pinch
1. Mix red colour to 1 cup of tap water, put in the diced water chestnut. Soak for 1-2 hours.
2. Drain the water chestnut, set aside.
3. Boil coconut cream, sugar & salt for 2-3min (or until sugar dissolve), set aside to cool.
4. Put tapioca flour into the large bowl, add in the drained Water Chestnut. Mix well with your fingers until all water chestnut is well coated. Remove excess flour.
5. Prepare a large bowl of ice cool water, set aside.
6. Put water to boil. Once it has come to the boiling, pour in the coated water chestnut.
7. Once the water chestnut starts to float, scoop up immediately and put into the bowl of ice cool water.
8. Let it cool down for 10-20min
9. Scoop up the water chestnut, drain off the excess water and put into a container.
10. Pour in the Rose Syrup to soak it for at least 30min, preferably put it in the fridge.
11. To serve put some red ruby into a cup or small bowl, add 2 tbsp of coconut mixture and top with some crushed ice.